The Celestron Inspire 70AZ is a 70mm aperture refractor telescope from Celestron. It’s part of their newer Inspire series that also include the Celestron Inspire 80AZ and the Celestron Inspire 100AZ models. Compared to the other two models from this series it’s the one that has a narrowest aperture and although generally speaking the wider the better, this does present some benefits. Let’s take a closer look at what this telescope has to offer and why it might be a great choice as a beginner telescope for you.
- Easiest setup of any entry level scope. With the folding accessory tray you just pop the tripod legs open, turn the lock knob and you’re ready to go.
- Bold new design – The main telescope lens cap comes with a fully integrated smartphone adapter built-in, perfect for the budding astrophotographer. The asymmetrical mount design offers light weight and incredible stability. Erect image optics enables a fully correct image for easy viewing day or night, terrestrial or astronomical.
- Red LED flashlight – Stowed in the center of the mount head, the flashlight can be used to gently illuminate the accessory tray or can be removed for use as a spotlight when needed.
- Focus micrometer – Allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets (bird nests, infinity focus, etc.)
Celestron Inspire 70AZ Review Card
Brand - 9.9/10
Optics - 9.5/10
Value - 9.1/10
Portability - 9.6/10
Mount - 9.2/10
The Celestron Inspire 70AZ is a fantastic beginner telescope from Celestron. It’s a refractor which means it’s easy to use and setup and will last you a lifetime. Being part of the Inspire series means it comes equipped with everything a beginner would need such a smartphone adapter, a red light stowed in the center of the mount head and a erect image star diagonal.
- Easy to use and setup
- Scores high in portability
- Smartphone adapter neatly included within the cap
- Great for stargazing as well as terrestrial viewing
- Not that much downside to this telescope if you’re buying it as a beginner telescope